Please take the time to read these simple guidelines in order for us to best assist you and your needs within the terms of our service.
1. Prices are not including 9% meals tax and are subject to change without notice. State and federal agencies as well as non-profit organizations are exempt.
2. We reserve the right to correct printing or pricing errors.
3. A 15% Gratuity will be applied to the final invoice when applicable.
4. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the estimated cost is due in order to reserve the date. The balance is to be paid in full 1 week prior to the event.
5. You’re welcome to leftovers as long as you provide your own containers.
6. We don’t provide tents, tables, chairs, linens, liquor, china or a DJ.
7. We and our menu are very flexible! Just ask about any special requests.
8. We accept cash, checks, debit cards and major credit cards.
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY : The Meeting Place Cafe and Catering assumes no responsibility for the conduct of guests, members and third parties hired to provide services.
9. UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES:The client will comply with all the laws of the United States and the State of North Carolina, all municipal ordinances and all lawful orders of police and fire departments, and will not do anything on the premises in violation of any laws, ordinances, rules or orders. If unlawful activities are occurring on the premises, and event is cancelled, there will be no refund of any kind from Washington Street Catering to client.
10. MENU COST: All menu prices are subject to change within 14 days of your event. If a drastic change in an ingredient(s) within your menu is established you have two options. a. A new cost (maintaining your present menu) will be assessed based on current market prices and you may agree to the new prices. OR b. Substitute menu item(s) will be presented to you in order for you to maintain the agreed upon (per person/platter) menu price within your Invoice. 11. CANCELLATION BY CLIENT: All prepayments and deposits are forfeited if you, the client, cancel the event at any time. The Meeting Place only will apply the entire balance of your deposits and prepayments, less $500.00 towards another event occurring within 90 days of the original event date. Subject to our availability. All costs are subject to change. 12. CANCELLATION BY Main Street Cafe and Catering only : Once you have booked, you can consider yourself in the capable hands of a reputable caterer. Although it is unlikely and unprecedented, Washington Street Catering reserves the right to terminate this contract for good reason (extenuating circumstances). IF Washington Street Catering only terminates this contract, in writing, over 30 days prior to your event date, all deposits and prepayments will be returned in full within 10 days. There are no hidden charges; what you see is what you get.